May 24, 2020
Kids need to hear “You can do this...”
“You can do this…” can be an encouragement. The goal is to build confidence.
“You can do this…” can be a directive. The goal is to provide purpose.
- Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it. (NASB)
- Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. (NIV)
- Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it. (NLT)
Now the boy Samuel was growing in stature and in favor both with the Lord and with men. 1 Samuel 2:26 (NASB)
Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man. Luke 2:51-52 (NIV)
- Kids are not blank pages, they are boxes of chocolates!
- Life is a journey, it is not putting together a cabinet ordered on Amazon!
- If I am the problem, with God’s resourcing, I can be a solution!