“Culture eats strategy for breakfast...” (Peter Drucker?)
Matthew 28:18-20 (NASB) And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, / am with you always, even to the end of the age."
We want Mount Carmel Christian to be a Matthew 28:18-20 church or a “Great Commission Church
Mount Carmel Christian Church is committed to be:
1. A Jesus worshiping community (Loving God):
- We learn and live scripture.
- We worship God by giving our best.
- We celebrate the evidence of God at work
- We make prayer our first ministry move
- We are committed to being one in Christ
- We give in order to resource mission
2. A Jesus disciple making community (Loving People):
We are a community of belonging.
"Belonging begins when I know your name and I am interested in you becoming a disciple of Jesus."
We are a community of serving.
"We will use our God gifts to bless those in our church family and those outside our church family.”
We are a community of disciple training.
"We will equip (trained), encourage (confident) and enthuse (motivated) Jesus disciples who make Jesus disciples by going small, going strong, going slow.”